Thursday, October 13, 2005

Old Folks Home

Been to my buddy's company to interview.
Its a building stand by its own. With a cute canteen with just one stall.
And when I step into the 1st floor office, I finally understand what my buddy said.
I took a glare over the whole office, and I saw mani grey-white heads.
Its all Old Uncles.
My buddy used to say her ex company is an Old Folks Home and the women down there are the nurses.
Indeed, I do feel dat way.
Well, but talk abt the environment, I feel quite ease and relaxing down there.
Dat place look stress-less to me. *feeling, dunno why also.
But strange thing is, whenever I like a place, the job scope all this, I won't pass the interview..
So I'm not pinning hope on getting this job.
Still, its a pleasant trip to the Old Folks Home.

Its been awhile, I found a job, I quitted a job.
Due to watever reason it is, I still can't manage to find a job I really can stay long.
And due to watever reason it is, I nid a job badly as I tied myself down with too..too..too..many commitment..but of coz, I dun owe a flat, I dun owe a car.
but its still commitment u c..

People often ask, what job are you interested in?
Yes. I know what I want. I know the answer.
But this world don't allow me to do so.
Yes. Mabbe there's a will, there's a way.
But its tough. Not dat I never try.
Yes. I don't have the experience, the Cert.

I wanted to be a Display Artist. **Dream Job
Why? I get to travel ard in singapore..putting my display on shopping display windows for people to view and share the feeling behind each individual display that I created.Doing match and mix stuffs, playing with colors..I find this a challenging job as its not as easy as its seem to be.

Alternatively, a Art Teacher is fun if I'm handling primary school kids.
Imaging those kids draw out really from their heart..fixing color on the things they think its shld be. Maybe a Red tree u nv get to see on the street. Creative enuff dat they might even draw tails on a torise? I teached primary kids drawing before thot it was for a short period.Its really a fun, enriching experience.
Kids are fun.I simply like kids. Dun ask why as I also dunno. Mabbe they're 天真 enuff to let me forget the cruel,reality world for awhile. If u r ugly, they tell u straight, if u r pretty, they tell u to. They don't hide their feeling. They don't have secrets to hide.

Wedding co-ordinator is another job which I'm interested in..
Helping couple preparing their wedding stuffs, arranging things dat they like it so much dat they thank u for your professionism with a very blissful face.I will definitely share their joys and excitement during my "commitment" to 'em.I want to see every couple happily walk into the marriage path with a memoriable Night I co-ordinate for 'em.Its an accomplishment thot I nv think of stepping into marriage dat I will co-ordinate a wedding for myself..
but its not easy to crave a career on my own when I don't have a car to travel, don't have any friend willing to quit their stable career and chong chong chong with me.
So I will push back this idea.

Thot I studied Interior Design before, but I don't intend to go into this line even I haf the chance. Its too tedious. I don't have good knowledge of Maths. Scale ruler, measurement, convert actual size into dunno wat size in order to draw into ur perspective.. wat the hell! Freak me out! Designing for my own house is fine. I don't nid to draw perspective to show myself.I'm the designer, I'm the client. How wonderful life is. 这是个美丽的早晨.

Last job I will be keen in...
Toliet Manager!
Nah, Juz kidding.
who want to control toliet.
They can't even talk to me.
I'm talkative!!
Very talkative!! I cant survive without talking..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richard said...

I have no idea what "chong chong chong" means.

My advice to you, dandan, is to try your dreams. It doesn't matter if no one believes you, or if no one supports you. Just go for it. You will feel better about yourself. It doesn't matter if you succeed or fail, just do it.

I am a lucky person, I don't have many hurts in my life. But, I also didn't take many chances. I don't want more hurts, but I do wish I took more chances.

I wish I had someone who would have supported me and ecouraged me in my dreams. But, I was too ashamed to say I wanted to be an artist, or actor, or writer. Instead ... I am a computer programmer. I have a responsible career (ok, I do enjoy programming, because I like solving problems - but I don't enjoy mt job because it is always the same problems)

The more commitment you have in your life (I have a wife, 2 kids, house, car), the harder it is to be free.

I saw what you did on the motorcycle helmets. You are talented.

Go and teach kids. Volunteer if you have to. Be a display artist - even if it is just for fun (actually, I don't know what a display artist is)

Try and coordinate someones wedding.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

I believe in that quote. One day I hope to have enough courage to follow some of my dreams.

Take care.

dandan...™ said...

Ya..true..
I will try my best to pursure my dream coz I dunwan to regret when I grow old when my grandchildren ask me what I did before my past 20yrs and my reply was nothing great,juz admin job.

Guess in this world, many people do not actually pursure their dreams.Becoz of supporting a family, they have to gif up their dreams for the income.

Eg; some people dream of travelling around the world so dat they leave this world without regret.
Some people do not have dream at all.They juz dunno wat they want for life.Its abit sad but this is life.

Mabbe one day I will be able to fulfil one of my dream..
mabbe not..who know in the future.
Anyway, isn't it important to make fullest of our everyday right now?

Richard said...

Life has problems. You have to worry about feeding yourself today. You have to worry about surviving in the future.

I know people who took jobs as soon as they could. They were young, the work was hard. As you get older, the body can no longer keep up with the hard work, so you are replaced with someone younger. So, they are middle aged, with no skills and no education.

I know others, like myself, who sometimes were too shy, didn't trust in themselve, felt no support to to pursue silly dreams.

I am who I am. I have no regrets, but ... sometimes, when I have some quiet alone time, I think "What if I had ..."

I don't know how old you are, I don't know your life situation, but, if you can, try to follow some of your dreams.

Take care.

dandan...™ said...

Well, I'm a 24 woman still struggling in life. "can't breathe" describe my feeling best right now. Day and day went by, I find myself such a failure.
No career, no money, lotsa of dreams thot..
But luckily, I haf a bunch of nice friends by my side.
I guess me this kinda of person is not suitable getting involve in marriage life. I can't even maintain my life well, not to mention maintaining a family. Thot I wish to be like you, have a happy family of 4..seeing your kids grow day by day. Although there's bound to be "stress" in your life, but I feel your happiness when I read your blog relating your family.
Wish life will be better..

Richard said...

dandan wrote: "can't breathe" describe my feeling best right now.”

I understand that feeling. You might want to read my post “Abyss’ Edge” (only if you want to be more depressed, here: http://forbidden-planet.blogspot.com/2005/08/abyss-edge.html

Of course, maybe you would “breathe” better if you stopped smoking ;-)

dandan wrote: “Day and day went by, I find myself such a failure.”

You are not a failure. You can write. I know you are a talented artist. And, I am sure you can find many things that you do well, that you have accomplished.

dandan wrote: “No career, no money, lotsa of dreams thot.”

Dreaming is good. Action is better. The only one who can make your dreams come true is you. In many ways, you are lucky to be single, without commitment – you are more free. You do not have to worry about how pursuing your dreams will affect others (I have kids and a wife, I have to worry about paying bills, feeding everyone, making sure the kids have stability, a safe place to live).

Just persevere. Eventually, even if you don’t believe me, you will feel better. The last 2-3 years I thought I would never feel better (I thought I was losing my mind). Then, one day, about 6 weeks ago or so, my depression lifted and I feel ‘normal’ again.

Take care.