Friday, October 14, 2005

Money Affairs

Why am I living in this realistic world?
I really nid a break.
Maybe I should go overseas for awhile.
I feel the stress.
Very much.
The thought of cannot find a job,no money.
This world SUX! Everything sux!
Everything nid money!
Even thing like SEX, some people actually willing to pay for it!
My Godness!
This could be on sale as well, wat else?
Wonder why magazine like FHM sell so good? Horny guys did the Jobs Well!!
Guys ahz! What is contain in ur brain har?
Oni women? sex? or what?
Ok, not referring to all guys of coz. I know gays don't.

Let's talk abt wanting to become more healthier.
People want to be healthy and they actually bought those so-called natural watever-so pills.
so rich huh?
Money spend in this? dunno how to go and exercise ah or eat a more balanced diet meh?

Or so becoming prettier?
Go facial once a week..go slimming saloon like Jean Yip lah..
Making 'em earn so much and 1 follow by 1..everywhere on the shopping mall u can see a slimming saloon.
Rich again? Hey!I don't blame yuo for being rich!
I blame yuo for the stuffs spent on, they earn and the economics grow! And prices of everything grow together..You also grow, me also grow, kids also grow..elders also growing..
Ya, its good dat singapore is a prosperous country!
But I'm suffering in pain!

Wanton mee used to cost $1.50..NOW? $2.50 the cheapest I can find!
Bus fare is another one..wat the hell! Juz adjusted..and adjust again..
Paying cash used to be 60c..NOW? 90c! Our money easy to earn huh?
And I'm gg to own a CAR? Come on, See the Petrol Rates!! You can say,"I can afford what?" Hey! den dun go malaysia to pump petrol! Dun do funny stuffs to ur metre!!

Ok..and happened to be I'm one of those idiot who smoke.
well,I'm also one of those "hai ren jing" dat make the taxes increasing and increasing.
But its too far exp lor..terribly expensive lor!
Used to smoke 10 sticks at $2.60..
NOW? 20 sticks for $8.80!(Pall Mall) Robbery u noe!

Imagine if I could oni earn 1k per month.
After CPF, I left $800.
*Mabbe 1 day u travel to n fro from Jurong to Alexander nid ard $4.00.
You work 20days a month, $4 x 20days = $80.00
*Now to ur lunch, cheapest meal u ate, mabbe $5? $5 x 20days = $100.00
*Now to ur cigarette,(although this is me myself gayhiao one la."Can dun smoke wat!",pple will say.)u smoke 1 pack a day.
Give it 30days a month. $8.80 x 30days = $264.00
*And mabbe you buy insurance, $100 per month. There's another sum of money coz you want your family to have money when u die and u have to forkout this $100.
*And mabbe you have instalment plan like I do. Let it be $200 a month.(No money to buy 1 short,so pay instalment la,me gayhiao again, I know.)
*Now, dinner if ur mum nv cook? maybe out of 30days u spend 15days eating outside?
$5 enuff? $5 x 15days = $75.00 (I dun eat breakfast,so not including.)

Now..u oni haf $800..try to deduct and see u haf extra $$ to save or u haf to forkout on ur own?
And the most importantly point is,I dun even haf this $800 to deduct!
Arghhz..
I'm juz being grumble I know!
No job mean can't survive! You understand?!?

8 comments:

Richard said...

dandan wrote: "I really nid a break.”

“Maybe I should go overseas for awhile."

That might be a good idea and I will tell you why.

When I was younger I studied electronics in college. So that was my trade for 6 years. But, after 3 year I realized that I really didn’t like it. I liked programming much more. When I was 24, I started studying computer science part-time. At 26, I realized this was going too slow, so I enrolled full-time in a University away from home, away from my friends. It was the best thing I ever did.

At first, I thought I would join groups and do things like I had always done. So I joined the University gaming club (role playing and tactical gaming), the chess club, and the Christian club (but was told I “would not fit in.” Ha! Ha! I’ve been a Christian all my life (specifically, Roman Catholic, but this was an Evangelical group – so I was little better than the spawn of Satan. sigh.).

In the end, I abandoned all these groups and instead joined the International Club, took acting lessons and got involved in my church as a Sunday school teacher. I made new friends (I still kept the old ones, but they were far enough away that regular socializing was out of the question). I explored new things and had a wonderful time. The years between 26 and 29 have some of the most precious memories I have (not to mention I met my wife – a Peruvian lawyer).

One rule I had when I went to Ottawa was that I decided not to waste time being friends with people who were not going to be in Ottawa for at least 3 years (the time of my study). I dropped this rule after I met a very charming Japanese woman who only came to study French for 7 months. I made many friends who came into my life for a short time – but I don’t regret for 1 minute any of those friendships. Yes, losing them was hard, but I always have my memories.

Maybe, a complete change will be good for you. I am not sure if you have to go overseas, but certainly, moving farther away from your current friends, family, hobbies, and habits, may give you the renewed energy you need to find the happiness you seem to be missing in your life.

I should point out, that I know a number of people who went away and quickly came back, because they could not break out of their old selves. It was more comfortable to return to their old ways and old life.

I sometimes joke with a friend of mine when we are complaining: “We sound like two old people who should be sitting in the park playing checkers or mahjonng.”

You are 24, you are not yet ready to feed the pigeons and sit in the park playing checkers and complaining about your health.

And, yeah, I wish money were not so important. Often I wish I were independently wealthy, so I could be free of my job. Work causes us to miss many of the nice things in life.

Take care.

P.S.

How did you find my blog?

Richard said...

So how did your job interview go?

dandan...™ said...

I went down for the 3rd time yesterday.
Still, I was ask to go back and wait for call.Most probably by this week.
So hopefully I get gd news.

Richard said...

Wow! Three interviews. I usually only get 1. Last week, for the first time, I had my second with the same company - but I am too expensive for them. So, I will have to stay seperated from my family a little bit longer. sigh.

dandan...™ said...

Now I'm curious. You are born in which country? You understand Mandarin?

Richard said...

I was born in Great Britain, Sutton-in-Ashfield, County of Nottingham.

I came to Canada when I was 4 years old. My parents originally came from Poland.

I understand a little Polish (and speak less). English is my primary language. I also understand French quite well (speaking is hard because I never practice). I understand some Spanish (because of my wife).

But I do not understand Mandarin or Cantonese (despite having Chinese friends) or any other languages.

Why do you ask if I understand Mandarin?

My daughter is fluent in English, Spanish, and French, and she was learning Mandarin because of a Chinese friend - but they had a big fight :-(

Take care.

dandan...™ said...

Its all bcoz I saw u leaving a mandarin sentences before in berrynice blog.
So was pondering abt whether you understand mandarin or not.
Now you cleared the doubt.
=)

Richard said...

Yes, I had to rely on a translation.

So, it worries me if the Chinese and English are really the same.