Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Letter

Funny enough, I was searching for some documents and found a love letter that I recieved when I was 18.
Young dat time to find this letter a joke.
Kinda of memoriable as its a one and only love letter that I recieved.
Now I read back, the letter had a number of mistakes, but still, its cute.
It goes this way:

To tell you the turth (truth) , I started to love you or like you from the day you came in to the game shop with your friends.
And from that day on, I start to look for you whenever I past (pass) by the coffeeshop you are alway spotted but sometime I could not see or spot you there.
At that time I though you have move away or went someplace(sounded abit weird to me) to sit. But everytime I past(pass) by I still take a took (look), I don't know why I was hopingly(hoping) to see you there. Maybe you don't feel the same for me but I blame(?? guess he was trying to say I DON'T blame you) you or anything.
At the time when I saw you at ASLER(a handphone shop), I was so happy. really. But I was also sad to hear that you and Melvin were together. So I tell myself I should stop thinking about you but still seen(seem) that I can't stop and so I tried of thinking ways to call you out.
And when we went KTV, I saw Melvin there tourthing(touching) you and I just have the feeling inside me that feel very sad and unhapping(unhappy) about it that I want him to stop doing that to you.
Maybe you will feel boring reading this letter but all I can tell you is I really love you from the bottom of my heart and I will tell you everything I do and what I does. (me dun understand this part..)

W******
31.03.1999

-In fact, he's quite a nice guy.
Too bad, chemistry failed to arrive.
Flash back alot of memories during dat period of my life.
Young, stubborn, did things by guts' feeling, til now I am stil.
Going out late even though my parents nagged at me.
My mum even attempt to hit me when she saw me with my boyfriend dat time.
Somehow or rather, she doesn't like my boyfriend den..
(Maybe bcoz he had been caged in Boys' Home before.)
Noble man he is, he dashed to my mum when she tried to hit me but was being stopped by his dad.
Yes. His dad. <- Surprising enough, his dad and my parents are friends.
My cutie boyfriend dat time even dare to threaten my mum.
He shouted,"if you dare to hit her, u try and see." <- we were like actor and actress..with so mani audiences standing around in the carpark.
Wow, what a hero! <- dat was wat I really think dat time.
(If my future boyfriend dared to shout at my mum, you see I slap him or not.)

Together were tough for us dat time..
Sort of dued to this, our story ended.
He attempted to get back, but I rejected as I heard he's quite a flirtie.
After dat, I didn't get to see him anymore, even though we actually stay by the distance of 3 bus-stops away.


Dear W******,
If you happened to read my blog, I'm terribly sorry to publish your workpiece here. (if u mind.)
But its too memoriable to me..so it haf to become part of my blog..
So when I read my blog at times, u r remembered.
May god bless u..
and dat ex-boyfriend of mine,
May you bless yourself..

2 comments:

Richard said...

You are lucky to have received a love letter. I never have.

“Of course,” maybe you say, “boys don’t get love letters.”

My brother did.

Interesting flashback memories though. I cannot relate to them – sorry. But, they sound fairly typical.

I think the letter is a good reminder to you that even if people don’t know you, there is something special about you that makes them want to know you. That is something important, because sometimes we forget that we are special.

By the way, why was the letter written in English? Is English a commonly used language in Singapore?

dandan...™ said...

Sort of.
We studied everything in english in singapore. Even come to work, we communicate in english.
Our common websites in singapore are in english also. Not like taiwan nor china, their websites are in chinese wordings.
Singapore chinese majority are basically weak in mandarin. Cant really write in mandarin, but doesnt mean our english are excellent. We speak Singlish. (of coz not all.)
=)