Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quitting?

"ah..I dunwan to work here anymore..."
..."Stress!! Stress!!"..
......"I want to find new job!!"

I heard all this..almost everyday? ya..almost..
I haf been with this company not long and
I witnessed few colleagues leaving not wanting their bonus..
alot of colleagues discussing abt quitting..

Wat or how is the prospect in this company I'm in now?
Problems with management or the staffs themselves?
Seem to be everyone is talking abt Quitting!!

Ya..even my own grppy told me she wanted to leave this company by next year which is ...
she will take her bonus and quit. (One of my grppy work in the same company with me.)
Kinda of sad to hear this, but no choice..I know she's facing alot of stress..
I just want her to be happy..if quitting this job can make her happy, I wish her all the best
although I can't bear to see her leaving..

Well, job is like this. A company can't stay for too long I guess, especially this one.
Some people can stay for 9yrs and just quitted bcoz of the boss's imperial treatment.
Afterall, we're all humans with feeling..
No one can torture mentally abused bah..

But I have no intentions of giving up this job, instead I hope I can stay for at least 2yrs.
Taking this company as a jumping stone.
I wanted to learn more and if can, maybe pursue my study during my 2yrs there.

A 8 to 5 job with free transportation to and fro work..a "can't ask for more" salary..
wat can I ask for..
Maybe I can ask for..my boss to like me more and give me more bonus next yr?

Heard colleague saying my boss is not dat good..
But currently he seem fine to me..
So I guess its fine too.

Other den dat, I make up my mind not to be affected by those colleagues who intend to leave..
Yes! I can do it!!

6 comments:

Richard said...

dandan wrote: "I want to find new job"

Whah!!?? You just got this one. sigh.

I know what that feeling is like. I quit my last job 5 years ago because of a really bad boss got hired (I would disagree and argue with him in front of other coworkers - so that only him hate me more).

If you thnk the conditions are good (transportation, salary) then stick it out for as long as you can before advancing somewhere else.

dandan...™ said...

Not me quitting the job..
Those were wat I heard from my fellow colleagues..

Hope I got myself a Good Boss~
Pray Hard..

孺子牛 said...

I don't encourage staff to quit just because of a little, say 5%-10% salary increased. Stick to the company for at least three years, then you are able to explain your reason of leaving easier to your next would-be-employer during interview.

My present company imposed a bonded period of one year, and the reason of doing it I guess you should able to find it out yourself. My boss is OK, he leaves me alone, both of us are just being pressed by the top.

There is a saying, people leaves the organisation because of the superior. But this doesn't apply to me. It's more on the environment where our hands are tied. Whatever I say here, you would never believe there is such company exists.

Richard said...

Oops! Sorry. Now I see the quote marks.

Well, here is my (completely different) comment then:

People often complain about their work / job. I remember a guy from my last company (we'll call him Tom - because that is his name).

Anyway, Tom had been there already 3 years when I started. He was always talking about quitting, leaving for a better job. He used to do his resume at work, print out copies and leave them lying around (not a good idea in my opinion).

Anyway, he is still there - after more than 13 years. He is also the one with the most seniority at the company (nobody else has been there longer) - had I stayed, I would now be the 3rd most senior person there.

The one thing I noticed after leaving the company was how stressful it had been. My current job is not stressful at all (despite everyone complaining it is).

I would like it to maybe be a little more stressful and a bit more challenging. But, hey! I've got a great view, good salary and benefits - I just need challenge.

Take care and good luck with your job and boss.

dandan...™ said...

I also think dat way.
Save alot on transport.

Mockingbird said...

Constant job-hopping doesn't look good on one's resumé. If the boss is fine, then hang on in there :D