Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thinking changes?

Ok.

Spoken to a 24 yrs old guy couple days ago.

He's with NTU, working PT as a editor at News Asia.

He was telling a story about his gal friend and her hubby.

Short and sweet. The guy had an affair, wife found out and filed for separation.

Ok.

Next.

My friend got involved with the gal friend. Involved as in "BED", and the shocking part is, it happened at the gal's house.

I asked him,"do u think it is right to do it when the gal is married?"

He said,"It takes 2 hands to clap, she dun have a good sex life.. further more, the husband has an affair outside, why can't she?".

I listened and tot, so? It is still not right although the husband betrayed her first.

He said,"Shld you live in a democratic society and afraid of pple calling u a slut and not fight for your own sex desire, ur rights..and just tolerate all these just becoz u r married..?"

I tot to myself. His thinking, his view, I cannot change. But I just feel u could do anithing u like/desire before marriage, but not after.

And for me, I took the vow to be husband and wife and I should still faithful to my husband, and I shall always be so.

No conflict, doubt at all.

He tried to talk me over and accept his thinkings, but I can't.

He said I have the mind of 70s.

Well, I can talk openly relate to SEX, but will only do it with my husband, coz I'm married, it is dat simple.

Whatever it is. I do not agree wife can easily have an affair outside, just bcoz men did, why can't women!

4 comments:

Old Beng said...

Well said, 2 wrongs doesn´t make 1 right.

Richard said...

For me it is even simpler, I always believed in being faithful to my wife, even before I knew who she was. Faithfulness, for me, is something I am, not something that happened when I said "I do".

People live their lives their own way. I may not agree, I may not understand, but it is their life - just keep it out of my face.

dandan...™ said...

Yup. It's their life, not within our control.

But, still feel it is so amazing humans could have this kinda of out of bound thoughts..

Richard said...

Would they be human if they couldn't?

As the Stoic philosopher and Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius remarked, "Leave another's wrongdoing where it lies."