Monday, May 22, 2006

Moon river..

I sensed the emergency siren. It was getting nearer and nearer that a cold shiver occurred never before.

I looked around and realized there was no one to help me. Panic, terrified I was running as fast as I could, seeing no end ahead I stood.
Energy was not with me anymore. Stood by the lakeside, moon in the lake was so beautiful yet I wasn’t in the mood to admire it.
Just hoped to have a passerby at this moment to talk to me, to ease the fear I was experiencing never in my life.

Never have this kind of desire, hoping to talk to a stranger. I stood still, I pondered.
If I could faced the fact, I could tell the truth, I could know what is weighing on my mind, I need not run away from it.

Running away wasn’t a brave act, thus it was representing I was gutless.
No gut to face whatever challenge is coming, whatever the outcome will be.

Not wanting to run further, trying hard to appreciate the beauty of the reflection of the moon, I tried. Never in life I find it so hard to catch attention of beauty to my eyes.

I sat down by the lake, I cried. Wasn’t in a very stable state to judge yet judgment was made. At this very moment, he appeared in my mind looking at me saying, “How sure are you that there’s no end to this route? How sure are you that the moon will not catch your attention one day?”

I have nothing but the lonely lake. I told myself I’m not sure whether is there an end to this route. I’m not sure whether the moon will be still as beautiful tomorrow. Maybe I preferred stars shinning high above the sky, which the moon couldn’t represent.

Explanations were all excuses, I admitted.
To end myself in a lonely forest with a peaceful lake, this is not my route. I refused to.
I do not want to have the moon in the lake as it will feel lonely if I leave the lake one day secretly.
I know I will leave the lake. Not because I prefer ocean, just not at the state of mind.

How wonderful if the moon and the shinning stars could stay forever together every night.
How wonderful if we will never see raining nights with no stars nor moon.
Nothing prefect is the reason why I don’t want to stay by the lake, don’t want to see the moon in it. Just me alone back to my hut I wish.

The forest is too big for me to explore. I have no determination that I could run round the whole forest, not mentioning to move to the forest abandoning my hut by the hillside with little imps staying around with me.

Awaking my thoughts, the emergency siren stopped. Yes, no longer dangerous alerting sign on my hut’s door. Although I do love the lake, I do miss the scene of the beautiful round moon reflection on the surface of the water, but I still want to stay in my hut for awhile more.

Just stay awhile, how long, I do not know.
Life goes on, I just want us to be happy.
I really do….

3 comments:

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

hahaha i just changed my blog song to "moon river" leh!

anyway.. nice post... beautifully written.. very expressive.

den again, writing is one thing. are you going to do something about it?

dun wait. life's too short for waiting hor..

Old Beng said...

Every stage of life has its beauty,
in each unique way.

Enjoy every stage of your life while you can.

Hang on if you wish;
Let go if you must;

Richard said...

I agree with spinnee that it is beautifully written.

I hope everything is alright with you.