Monday, June 12, 2006

Are we in a Democratic society?

Well......too many colleagues in my company asked me to quit smoking already..
Have to hide and seek with some of them in case they saw me smoking and start saying,
"aiyo Joanne ah...smoke less la...no good for health ley..."

They meant good and I really appreciate their wisdom of advice..
Meanwhile, I feel the stress as well...
Just like uncles looking after me, spotting me at various time to check me up..
Faintz..

I also dunno why, I just don't have the will and determindation to quit at all..
As far as myself know, I just don't like people to nag at me for smoking..
Nor shake their heads when they see me lighting a cigarette again after half an hour break..

This world is kinda of biase. Have to agree although I see no right in it.

Women smoke = bad women
Men smoke = Normal

Women drink = drunk women who wanna to get laid
Men drink = social life

Women flirt = slut [水性扬花]
Men flirt = just for fun [奉场作戏]

Women shop = waste manee,
Men shop = Needs, necessary items

Women demand sex = against the cycle, too easy (who says women don't need sex?)
Men demand sex = Body demand, very normal act (what the nonsense)

Women play snooker = ah lian
Men play snooker = Professional Player (Like shits, men just play number balls for the sake of gambling!)

Women gamble = Not suitable to be wife
Men gamble = Leisure


Life ah life.. what is fair, what is human rights, what is democratic society...
wat and wat and wat....

Things are too easy to get people thinking else...
1. A woman wearing too little?
Guys stare and look but will never want their wives/gfs to wear alike.

2. A woman smoking in the pub smiling seducingly at you?
Guys smile back, get her to bed once there's chance, coz she look like dat sort of slut just bcoz she smoked and smiled at you seducingly?

3. A woman who gamble, scold vugular languages?
You won't want to take a 2nd look even she's a honour grad or a good housewife coz gamble & swearing is already a total turn off.

4. A woman who shop and shop and shop?
Spendthrift to you is a NO-NO case. This kinda of woman don't meet the critiera to be wife, rite?

Enuff saying, I guess all get what I mean.
What you see might not be true..
what you think might not be the fate..
Don't use your eyes to see and forget to use your brain to think!

14 comments:

dandan...™ said...

Life isn't going to be fair when judgement is made against one this way.
Although we could ignore the accusement and get on with life, but again, this is not going to be easy as we can't shut off our ears..else those pple could shut up their mouths!

Oh ya,
I'm considered a heavy smoker to friends..

一隻熊 said...

壓力﹖

點它半根煙 ~ 讓壓力隨那煙霧消失不見﹗

不鼓勵蛋蛋把壓力當作借口的一隻熊﹗

Richard said...

I never understand why there are different rules for men and women. Ususally, the rules for men let them act like pigs and say "It's ok, they are men, they need to act like this." But for women, they are held to a higher standard.

People are funny. So much controversy when Michelle Wei plays golf, or Danica Patrick races.

I don't think it is so much that women need liberating as men need to bring their standards up.

The main problem I have with femminism, is that too often the goal to to allow women to descend to teh vulgarity of men, rather than requiring men to rise to the refinement of women.

But, nag, nag, nag ... you know smoking is bad for you.

dandan...™ said...

Richard, but will MCP do dat? rise to the refinement of woman? and why can't women act like piglets and people go saying,"they're like this, its fine..."

xiongxiong & Richard.....
ya I know..smoking is terribly bad for me..and dat's the problem why so many people start nagging at me and questn me how many sticks I smoke per day..
But I just can't seem to tell myself to quit.

dandan...™ said...

Yes..lau hero..I guess I will start to cut down day and day..
mabbe like u, 1 pack for 2 days...

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

can be cut down one.

i smoke when i want. i smoke when i don't.

it's all in ur mind ;)

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

i mean I don't smoke when i don't..

(typo)

F¡яєвџяN said...

Yes its all in ur head...so my fren, decide on what's best for ur health

dandan...™ said...

Yes my fren...
I will try hard...

Richard said...

dandan commented: why can't women act like piglets and people go saying,"they're like this, its fine..."

When you were younger, did you think that people were good and noble, or selfish and petty?

I thought they were good and noble and I think it is better to strive for greatness, rather than descend to mediocrity. There is no excuse for bad behaviour - if our actions do not help us and others to grow and to be the greatest we can be, then they should not be done.

As my favorite philosopher (Marcus Aurelius) wrote: "Waste no more time arguing what a good person should be. Be one." or "What is not good for the hive, is no good for the bee."

dandan...™ said...

Ya..when I was young, I really thought people were good and noble..it's so different from I grow up..
But not trying to give excuses as some of the mentioned are not even considered bad behaviour. Get me?

Marcus Aurelius is right. Waste no more time arguing what a good person should be.
Very true.....

Robin CHAN said...

women who smoke and ride a motorbike is cool.

like Charlie Angels.

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://indexmachine.info/1036.html and http://indexmachine.info/2490.html

NA said...

*Nods head in agreement*